Thursday, November 16, 2006

Home...yet on the road...

When I'm not on the road teaching, I have the wonderful luxury of working from home. But, after you've worked from home for a while, sometimes you just need a change of pace. So, today I took my laptop and headed to a nearby Starbucks. It's very strange, but I actually am getting as much work done as I had been while at home. Not to mention that I'm happily sipping a Grande Decaf Non-fat No-whip Caffe Mocha as I work! (This coffee delight may make the more hardcore coffee drinkers grimace. A friend of mine calls it a "why bother"!) A light jazz CD is playing in the background and I'm settled into a quiet corner. Not a bad way to work!

Now...if the course I'm developing ends up having lots of coffee and jazz references in the notes, you'll know where they came from!

1 comment:

Ric Van Dyke said...

Back in my life at Oracle when I was and education manager I would stop in at the starbucks coffee shop at least one morning a week to catch up on stuff. This was pre Wi-Fi days. I would do off line email and expenses and like work. I still had a cell phone with me incase the feces hit the air circulating device. I called it my alternate command post. Today it would be even better with Wi-Fi.
-Ric