Tuesday, February 12, 2013
Tuesday, November 6, 2012
Maria Colgan will host the optional Training Day 2013 on March 7, 2013. She is a Senior Principal Product Manager at Oracle Corporation, and her core responsibilities are Data Warehouse Best Practices and the Oracle Optimizer.
Maria's topic is entitled Oracle Optimizer One Day Workshop. Since the optimizer's introduction in Oracle 7, we have been fascinated and intimidated by the Cost-Based Optimizer (CBO) and the statistics it relies on. It has long been felt that the internals of the Optimizer are shrouded in mystery and a degree in wizardy is required to make it do the right thing. This one-day workshop will explain the fundamentals of the CBO and the statistics that feed it, as well as provide a methodology for diagnosing and resolving SQL execution performance problems.
To sign up for Maria's workshop, visit registration today!
Monday, November 5, 2012
The presenters for Hotsos Symposium 2013 have been selected, and the complete listing may be found at www.hotsos.com. We have many returning speakers including Tom Kyte, Cary Millsap, Alex Gorbachev, Andy Zitelli, Carlos Sierra, Gerwin Hendriksen, Gwen Shapira, Iordan Iotzov, Karen Morton, Kerry Osborne, Kyle Hailey, Kyle Towle, Marco Gralike, Margaret Norman, Maria Colgan, Mark Farnham, Neil Gunther, Paul Matuszyk, Shan Nawaz, Stephan Haisley, Steven Feuerstein, Tim Gorman and Toon Koppelaars.
New presenters include: Abel Macias, Bruce Ernst, Felix Castillo, Frits Hoogland, George Srdanov, Jacco Landlust, John Clarke, John Hurley, Kellyn Pot'Vin, Sarah Brydon (with Kyle Towle), Mauro Pagano, and Noelle Stimely.
Hotsos now has two ways to register: onsite and virtual. Go to registration today to find out more and sign up!
Monday, June 25, 2012
Hotsos Application Workload Characterization Solution (HAWCS) v4.3.1 for Oracle E-Business Suite has been released today. This release contains the following enhancements and fixes:
- Split the online Main Dashboard “Top 5 EBS/Non-EBS sessions” into two reports, called “Top 5 EBS sessions” and “Top 5 Non-EBS sessions”.
- Eliminated the filtering restrictions which had been placed upon the report of “EBS-Other” sessions. This filtering caused certain module names to not be reported in the online report.
- Corrected an occasional inaccuracy that occurred in the online Dashboard report “Top 5 EBS/Non-EBS sessions”. Under certain conditions, some sessions would not be reported properly.
- Corrected a reporting error in the “EBS Database Growth” screen (“EBS Health Check” in the “Admin” tab) in the online HAWCS screens, wherein more than one data collection in a 24-hour period would cause a sudden doubling of the “database size” reported.
- Enabled the “Scroll Bar” option in several “EBS Health Check” screens.
- Corrected the “Tablespace File Sizes” screen (“EBS Health Check” in the “Admin tab): the “Used” storage amounts and “Free” storage amounts were switched.
- Restored the ability to sort by the COUNT column in the report on the “History of Selected Work Product” screen. (Navigate from “Factory Model” to “Work Products” to any Work Product.)
For more information about HAWCS or for a free demo, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at +1.817.488.6200.
Friday, June 22, 2012
You are invited to submit an abstract for consideration as a speaker to the eleventh annual Hotsos Symposium in 2013. You get free admission to Symposium and the optional Training Day. What a deal for spending 45 minutes discussing your favorite Oracle performance-related topic with your peers?!!
The deadline for submission is Friday, September 28, 2012.
Speakers will be notified in early November, 2012.
Find the submission form on our Call for Presentations page.
If you have any questions or difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com.
We can't wait to see you in 2013!
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Registration is now open for Hotsos Symposium 2013 and the optional Training Day with Maria Colgan. Visit www.hotsos.com to sign up and take advantage of super early bird pricing before September 30, 2012.
We've kept the same pricing structure as last year (including the hotel bundle), and we've added a companion option. For an additional amount, your companion can join you for breakfast/lunch and the Tuesday night party.
Hotsos Symposium 2013 will be held March 3-7 at the Omni Mandalay Hotel in Las Colinas (Irving), TX. It's just a short cab ride away from DFW and Love Field airports.
We hope to see you in March!
Monday, May 7, 2012
Profiler v5.2.7 has been released, and the Profiler Plug-In for PL/SQL Developer as well as the Profiler Extension for SQL Developer have been updated.
The new version of Profiler now includes the name of the XHTML output file. It also includes improved error and warning logging within the .log file. Profiler now references the Oracle SQL id values for input files that contain such information. A new "Profiled" column in the user interface bottom panel allows you to sort profile runs by the time at which each profile report was created. The user guide has been expanded.
Existing customers may download the new version of Profiler from portal.hotsos.com. The Profiler Plug-In and Profiler Extension are available at portal.hotsos.com, also. Just look for the appropriate link on the left side of the page.
For more information about Profiler, please contact Sales at 817.488.6200 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.